Two Bull Mine
The Two Bull Ridge Mine permit was initially issued October 23, 1997 and consists of a 2,522-acre mine site, and is located approximately five (5) miles northeast of Healy, Alaska. The mine is located within: Sections 26-28 and 32-35, Township 11 South, Range 7 West, and Sections 3-5, Township 12 South, Range 7 West, Fairbanks Meridian.
Application for Renewal of Permit S-0603
A request to renew Surface Coal Mining Permits S-0603 was filed with the Division of Mining, Land and Water on November 11, 2015. Renewal of the permits has been requested in accordance with AS 27.21.080(d) and 11 AAC 90.129(b). DMLW - Mining is issuing a Final Findings of Fact and Decision for the renewal of the Two Bull Mine permit.
- Final Findings and Decision (PDF) (Posted 9/2/2016)
- Public Notice of Final Findings and Decision (PDF) (Posted 9/2/2016)
- Preliminary Findings of Fact (PDF) (Posted 3/11/2016)
- Public Notice (PDF) (Posted 3/11/2016)
- Application for Renewal (PDF) (Posted 3/11/2016)
Application for Bond Release (B-S0603-02102015-1)
Usibelli Coal Mine, Inc. (UCM), P.O. Box 1000, Healy, Alaska 99743, has requested bond release for a portions of their Two Bull Ridge Mine (permit numbers 01-83-796, 01-83-796-01, and S-0601-A). UCM has requested a total of 97.2 acres for phase I bond release.
Notice of Violation (N-S0603-05292014-1)
DMLW issued a notice of violation (N-S0603-05292014-1) to Usibelli Coal Mine, Inc. (UCM), P.O. Box 1000, Healy, Alaska 99743 for violations on the Two Bull Ridge Mine; Permit Numbers S-0604. UCM within the time frame allowed by 11 AAC 90.621 requested an information conference to review the violation.
- Decision to affirm NOV (PDF)
- Notice of Violation (PDF)
- UCM's request for informal conference (PDF)
- UCM's initial response (PDF)
For more information about the permitting process for the coal permit renewal process contact: