Specialty Crop Block Grants - Accepting Letters of Intent
- 2021 Specialty Crop Block Grant Press Release - Request for Letters of Intent
- 2021 Specialty Crop Block Grant Letter of Intent Instructions & Guidelines
Micro-Grants for Food Security
The Pre-Application Period has closed. Due to receiving an extremely high and unexpected number of applications (over 2,500), there will be a delay in processing. We are trying to see how we can benefit the most applications with the monies available from this grant. Please check back for updates in late March.
Specialty Crop Block Grant
- View the Alaska Grown Facebook Live Event with the Program Coordinator of SCBG Amanda Swanson. https://www.facebook.com/dnr.alaskagrown/live
- Information and instructions for how to submit a Letter Of Intent can be found here.
- The Press Release Requesting for Proposals can be found here.
- Eligible grant projects:
- To be eligible for a grant, the project(s) must solely enhance the competitiveness of U.S. grown or U.S. territory grown eligible specialty crops, in either domestic or foreign markets.
- To be eligible for a grant, the project(s) must be completed within three calendar years after the grant agreement prescribed in §1291.8 of this part is signed. The grant period is established by the longest approved project submitted in the State plan. However, for cause, an extension of the grant period not to exceed three years may be granted by AMS on a case by case basis with a written request from the State.
- Projects should benefit the specialty crop industry and/or the public rather than a single organization, institution, individual, or commercial product. Single organizations, institutions, and individuals are eligible to participate as project partners.
- Multi-state projects that address solutions to problems that cross state boundaries are eligible.
Please note the Division has limited capacity to answer phone inquiries; please send an email with your specific questions.
Is Specialty Crop Technical Assistance available for your community? These funds were made available through the 2017 Specialty Crop Block Grant Program
Looking for technical assistance in your community? Apply now for Community Specific Specialty Crop Technical Assistance click here